From Tuesday 18 May 2010
To Wednesday 19 May 2010
Tuesday 18th & 19th May 2010
Hilton Hotel, Athens
In association with the Institute for Climate and Energy Security and C&C International, we are pleased to present the third annual Mediterranean Sustainable Energy Summit organised Under the Auspices of H.E. the President of the Hellenic Republic, Dr. Karolos Papoulias.
This summit is defined by the region in which it is located, a potential hub for East-West sustainable energy developments and it is amongst the regions which will be hit hardest by climate change.
Taking place over two days, the comprehensive agenda will interpret the outcomes of the recent Copenhagen conference and the implications for future energy and environment policy development in the Mediterranean region.
The agenda for the 2010 summit will include a blend of keynote addresses, expert panel discussions and in-depth case studies, designed to inform and update attendees on the policies, practices and business opportunities which will define the future climate and sustainable energy developments of the region.
The forum will stimulate debate and dialogue on how to tackle the challenges that climate change presents in the Mediterranean and will discuss how we can grasp the opening to establish this region as the sustainable energy hub for Europe.
Please click here to register your attendance and join senior politicians, decision makers and leading figures from the corporate and advisory sectors as we explore the way forward for sustainable energy solutions.
More information can be found here.
|Expert speakers include:
- George A. Papandreou,Prime Minister, GREECE
- Tina Birbili, Minister of Environment, Energy & Climate Change, GREECE
- Hermann Scheer, Member of German Parliament, President, EUROSOLAR
- Harry Sachinis, Chairman & CEO, The Public Gas Corporation, GREECE
- Dimitri Zenghelis, Senior Fellow, Grantham Institute of Climate Change, LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS
- Simon Reddy, Executive Director, C40 CITIES
- Frederic Hauge, Founder, BELLONA FOUNDATION
- Ranjit Lamech, Sector Manager, Energy, Europe & Central Asia, THE WORLD BANK
- Professor Anil Markandya, Scientific Director, BC3 BASQUE CENTRE FOR CLIMATE CHANGE
- Vassilios Kougionas, DG Energy & Transport, EU COMMISSION
- Theodore Veniamis, President, UNION OF GREEK SHIPOWNERS
|Benefits of attending:
This landmark event will provide a forum for debate and dialogue on key questions and issues including:
- Discover the regional investment opportunities in renewable energy technologies and green business
- Explore how Governments and businesses can work together to prioritise energy efficiency and conservation
- Find out what steps leading companies are already taking to reduce emissions and manage energy costs
- Analyse the progress made in reducing the carbon footprint of cities within Southeast Europe and the technologies being used
- Discuss what steps must be taken to launch the Mediterranean as the sustainable energy powerhouse for Europe
Location Hilton hotel